The flat roofing market was revolutionised over 50 years ago with the introduction of EPDM single-ply membrane. Since that time the system has developed with additional innovative solutions to the roofing marketplace, but one thing remains the same —the watertight performance, durability and dependability of its EPDM membranes. Few other single-ply roof system matches the strong track record or history of Carlisle’s EPDM. This market in the British Isles has exceeded market growth of other systems with ClassicBond EPDM membranes supplied through a range of UK Authorised Suppliers;
- Wider variety of sheet thicknesses and widths compared to thermoplastics allows for faster installations
- Pressure-sensitive, prefabricated accessories available for virtually any penetration or detail
- EPDM offers the lowest global warming potential, acid rain and smog impact according to a study using EPA’s TRACI model
- Industry leading UV resistance of 41,580 kJ/m2
The FleeceBack System offers extra toughness and durability due to the reinforcing effect of the polyester fleece backing. Ideal for buildings that require superior protection, long-term durability and for contractors who want to benefit from the ease of installation and additional strength of the membrane over other systems. The combination of high-performance fleece and the above benefits of EPDM are available through the network of Specialist Registered Installers who have been trained by Flex-R. Below are just a few reasons to choose a RubberBond FleeceBack system;
- Fewer Seams, 1.52m and 3.05m wide FleeceBack sheets reduce the frequency of field seams by 34%, and 67%, respectively, compared to asphaltic-based membranes, meaning less labour and a quicker installation process
- Lighter & More Sustainable, FleeceBack membranes generally weigh less than a quarter of asphaltic-based systems and consumes far fewer natural resources than asphalt systems.
- Factory-Applied Tape, applied in a factory-controlled setting that results in increased quality, reliability, and seam performance, Factory-Applied Tape also provides the fastest and easiest way to create a seam between two single-ply membranes.
TPO membrane is now the most commonly used single-ply roofing membrane in the United States and many other parts of the world, outside of the UK. PVC systems have been a popular choice for flat roofing projects for decades in the UK. Some manufacturers are now producing a lower-cost, lower-performance PVC membrane in an attempt to take greater share of the flat roofing market. Below are a few reasons why there is Still No Equal to Sure-Weld TPO, particularly when it is compared to lower-performance, low-cost PVC;
- Weathering Package, Xenon-arc and long-term heat aging tests show that Sure-Weld TPO exceeds the highest industry standards.
- Installation Flexibility, in addition to being used in mechanically attached assemblies, all Sure-Weld TPO membranes can be fully adhered, providing greater wind uplift resistance.
Protection, The OctaGuard XT Weathering Package is present in the entire monolithic top ply of every square inch of Sure-Weld TPO
The liquid roofing industry has grown into a £multi-million market with products at the very forefront of waterproofing technology. Whether for new build or refurbishment projects, we have systems and products available that can be used in all areas of roofing and structural waterproofing. We have a range of systems for supply through Specialist Registered Installers or through our merchant customer base;
- Ideal for complex detailing
- Ready to use, single liquid component
- Cost effective solutions